Fun Pumpkin Baby Food You Can Make This Halloween Season.
Making your own homemade baby food is much easier than you might think and it's healthy to boot. Especially in...
Making your own homemade baby food is much easier than you might think and it's healthy to boot. Especially in a season full of candy and cakes it's smart to stick to baby-safe, healthy foods not junk. Additionally, pumpkin is chock full of healthy vitamins your baby needs, and it tastes great too. Notes to remember when making pumpkin for baby:
- If your baby is eating solids you can serve pumpkin. Just make sure it's the right size and texture for your baby's age.
- Use organic pumpkin when possible.
- If you cook your own pumpkin and it's too stringy, you're likely not cooking it long enough OR you're scooping out the pumpkin too close to the shell.
- If you use a pumpkin puree, make sure it's NOT pumpkin pie filling. You want unsweetened, spice-free puree to start with. You can add spice yourself.
- Always follow baby food safety tips.