Dream On Me, Inc. Has Issued A Voluntary Recall Of 22,000 Full-Size And Portable Drop-Side Cribs. Keep Reading For More Info.
Dream on Me, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall of 22,000 full-size and portable drop-side cribs. Keep reading for more info.
In December, the government finally banned the sale of new drop-side cribs. However, there are many still being used. If you have a Dream on Me drop-side crib, please read keep reading for recall info.
Recalled itemDream on Me, Inc., in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, has issued a voluntary recall of full-size and portable drop-side cribs. Approximately 22,000 drop-side cribs are part of the recall. The cribs were sold at Toys R Us, Walmart and Target and online at Amazon.com.
- Full-size cribs: Sold from January 2006 to December 2009 for about $200.
- Portable cribs: Sold from September 2007 to December 2009 for about $150.
Description: The cribs are drop-side wooden cribs, painted or stained in black, cherry, dark brown, natural, white, and pink.
- Full-Size Cribs: Models 613, 615, 616, 617, 619, 628, and 639 are included in this recall. The model number and "Dream on Me Inc." are printed on a label located on the inside of one of the end panels. The label lists a manufacture date between January 2006 and December 2009.
- Portable Cribs: The cribs are smaller than full-size cribs and the ends fold in to facilitate portability. Model numbers 621, 625 and 627 are included in this recall. The model number and "Dream on Me Inc." are printed on a label located on the mattress board. The label lists a manufacture date between August 2007 and February 2009.
Reason for recallOn both cribs, the rail hardware can break or fail, allowing the drop side to detach from the crib. As a result, a baby can fall into that space and suffocate or be strangled. A baby could also fall out of the crib and be injured. The US CPSC received 69 incident reports about the cribs, two involving minor injuries.
What should you do?You should stop using the cribs immediately. CPSC gives the following remedies:
- Full-Size Cribs: Consumers will be given a free kit that will immobilize the drop side. Kits will be available beginning June 30, 2011.
- Portable Cribs: Consumers can receive a free replacement portable crib with fixed sides. Replacement cribs will be available in mid-July 2011.
Want more info?You can contact Dream on Me at 877-201-4317. Phone hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern. You can also check the Dream on Me website.
More recent recalls:
- CPSC reissues recall: Maclaren strollers
- Recall: Monkeez and friends wrist rattles and baby booties
- Recall: Infantino Troy the Activity Truck
- Recall: Atico International Holiday Rattle Baby Slippers sold at Walgreens
- Recall: 337,000 B.O.B Jogging strollers
- Recall: Certain Cosco, Maxi-Cosi and Safety 1st car seats