If Ellen Loves It, Shouldn't We All?!
I love the story behind the Kokopax baby carrier. In 2007, Sarah Spoor was trying to keep up with her 2-year old, 1-year-old and newborn.
(Having two kids a year apart, I'm exhausted just reading about Sara having three under two...)
Sarah was introduced to the vintage lightweight carriers her parents had used when she and her siblings were babies. Sarah and her husband, Lincoln, recognized the great benefits of being able to easily carry their babies while interacting with their other children, cooking, shopping, attending school activities and traveling with ease. The baby carrier became a necessity for everyday life.
While on a trip to the Northwest, Sarah came across some beautiful fabric that inspired her to think of ways she could combine modern designs with the simple functionality of the older carriers. With this in mind, she embarked on a mission to develop a stylish, modern and lightweight framed carrier that could be used every day, everywhere.
The Kokopax carriers come in three lines:
Kokopax eco-classic carrier
- 100 percent cotton canvas fabric
- Stowable, padded hip belt for added comfort
- 5-point harness
- Adjustable frame
- Kickstand -- simple to load and unload
- Magnetic closure on the storage pocket
- Lightweight anodized frame
- Eco-friendly fabrics custom designed in the USA
- Weighs approximately 3 pounds and fits in airline overhead bins
- Includes koko carry bag
- Available in six eco-friendly fabric patterns: flutter, road trip, whisper, sprout, bubbles take-two and pax
- Retail: $179.99
Kokopax classic carrier -- The Original
- Made with 100 percent cotton canvas
- Comfortable shoulder straps and adjustable frame
- Padded waist support
- Handy storage pocket with button pocket closure
- Kickstand for easy loading
- 5-point safety harness
- Weighs approximately 3 pounds fits in airline overhead bins
- Includes green polka-dot carry bag
- Available in six custom fabric patterns: bubbles 3, peaks, watson, bubbles, espresso and licorice
- Retail: $149.99
Kokopax city carrier (pictured, in Hoot)
- 5-point harness
- Lightweight frame
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps
- Sturdy kick stand for easy loading
- Pocket with Velcro closure
- Available in six custom fabric designs: hoot, taffy, fog, gumdrops, stones and hopscotch
- Retail: $99.99
Kokopax also makes other baby products. Their diaper bag was chosen as the 2nd place winner in our 2011 SheKnows Parenting Awards!